Our search for an image to use on our anthology 'Soul' has begun!
Artists in Mansfield Shire are invited to submit their artwork for consideration. We’ll be choosing one artwork to use on our cover.
Your submission can be a new piece created specially for this purpose, or a piece you’ve had in your studio for years!
We’re keen to showcase the Mansfield Shire creative spirit – not only with local entries to the national short story writing prize but also on the cover.
A book cover gives a preview of the book’s content. This will be an anthology of short stories on the theme of ‘soul’ so the image we choose will resonate in some way with the stories we’re publishing.
Submissions open Friday 10 November.
- Submissions close Sunday 10 December.
- Artists contacted by 17 December
- Anthology launched featuring the winning artwork on 10 February 2024
- We can only consider work by artists who live in Mansfield Shire
- The artwork can be any medium as long as we can arrange a digital image of the work for use in the design
- The artwork, must be your own work
- Successful artwork will be licenced by Mansfield Readers and Writers for use on the cover of the ‘Soul’ anthology. You must be willing and able to enter into a licence agreement that allows us to use your artwork.
How to submit artworks for consideration
Complete the form below or email email@example.com with:
- Your full name
- Preferred email address
- Phone number
- Title of the artwork
- How the artwork relates to the theme of ‘soul’
- Confirm you have read and agree to the rules
We’re asking artists to pay an entry fee of $10 to help us cover the cost of the design and layout. If you are a member of Mansfield Readers and Writers or a member of Arts Mansfield you are entitle to one free submission.
Account Name: Mansfield Readers and Writers Inc.
Account Number: 194524070
Reference/description: Include reference ‘Soul’ and your first initial and family name.
Questions and answers
Yes, photographs are fine. Your artwork can be any medium. If it’s not already available in a digital format, we’ll need to scan or photograph it. As long as you can give us access to the artwork to do that, we’ll take care of the rest.
No, we’ll only need to borrow it to make a digital copy. Once we have a digital copy, that’s all we need!
To accommodate the book title, blurb and other essential parts of a book cover, we may need to work with the image. This might involve cropping, overlays, adding transparency or other design approaches.
The ‘soul’ anthology will be sold locally at Ink Bookshop and will also be in libraries all over Australia. Your name will be on the cover of the book, including your website or social media handles. We will also include your bio in the anthology and tag you on Instagram and Facebook to announce that your artwork has been selected. And you’ll get 2 copies of the anthology – one for you and one for your portfolio!